Nuestro saber hacer
Quality concept in Knauf Automotive
Today’s pace of the global manufacturing environment requires adherence to quality and manufacturing consistency on an ongoing basis. In the automotive industry, effective quality management is crucial and concerns every company in the long supply chain.
As a manufacturer of injection-moulded and foam-moulded car parts for the largest automotive corporations, we consider quality to be the key factor in our activities. Every move in the automotive industry is done with a goal to continuously improve the value that both existing and future customers experience. Achieving perfect compatibility of a component with precisely defined parameters requires appropriate management of processes related to production quality.
Knauf Industries manufactures a wide range of EPP and EPS foamed car parts at 18 out of our 42 plants around the world. In our daily activities we combine rich know-how, innovation and many years of experience in the field of plastics processing with the best standards developed in the automotive industry. Safety, efficiency, comfort, and design are just a handful of areas that are subject to continuous development and quality management in the automotive industry. It is no coincidence that the process requirements, requirements for controllers, and documentation requirements in production facilities continue to grow as quality becomes a larger focus.
By obtaining and maintaining these industry leading certifications we guarantee to our customers that our products and processes are in full compliance with international and national regulations and standards.
IATF 16949 - Quality Management Systems
What does IATF 16949 mean for our customers?
- Assures that our processes aim towards continuous improvement
- Ensures products are manufactured to the customer standards
- Increases processing efficiency (Fewer rejects and line stoppages)
- Assures continuity of supply
- Standardizes a prompt and efficient reaction to concerns
- Establishes standards in the development and introduction of new business
- Assures employees competence
- Guarantees the highest standard of risk management
ISO 9001 - Quality Management Systems
The ISO 9001 is a guarantee for the continuous improvement of quality management systems (QMS) and processes in all our production sites. Owing to our certification we are able to meet the most rigorous quality requirements of our customers by following the 7 principles:
What are the advantages of ISO 9001 for our Customers?
- QMP 1 – Customer focus: our primary focus is to meet customer requirements and to strive to exceed their expectations.
- QMP 2 – Leadership: our leaders at all levels establish unity of purpose and direction to create conditions in which people are engaged in achieving the quality objectives of the organization.
- QMP 3 – Engagement of people: our co-workers at all levels throughout the organization are competent, empowered and engaged people focused on creating and delivering value.
- QMP 4 – Process approach: our business activities are understood and managed as interrelated processes that function as a coherent system. Owing to this approach consistent and predictable results are achieved more effectively and efficiently.
- QMP 5 – Improvement: we focus on the improvement of process performance by enhancement of root-cause investigation and determination, followed by prevention and corrective actions. The ISO 9001 guarantees the ability to anticipate and react to internal and external risks and opportunities. It also encourages the drive for innovation throughout the organization.
- QMP 6 – Evidence-based decision making: we understand perfectly the cause-and-effect relationships and potential unintended consequences in our business activities. Facts, evidence and data analysis lead us to greater objectivity and confidence in decision making.
- QMP 7 – Relationship management: optimal relationship management with our supplier and partner networks is of particular importance for us. It ensures a well-managed supply chain that provides a stable flow of goods and services and increases the capability to create value for interested parties by sharing resources and competence.
ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems
14001 proves our environmental commitment throughout our business activities. It assures that we comply with the latest environmental legislation and engage daily in reduction of the environmental impact our operations may cause.
What are the benefits of ISO 14001 for our Customers?
- Permanent compliance with environmental legislation
- Minimization of energy and resource usage reducing operating costs
- Constant improvement in environmental performance
XCEED - Blockchain solution for the certification of vehicle compliance
The XCEED (eXtended Compliance End-to-End Distributed) blockchain project to certify the compliance of all vehicle components, from design to production.
This project has the ambition to create a compliance and conformity traceability platform for the entire ecosystem, based on IBM Blockchain technology. With XCEED, we can improve our quality, reduce our costs, our waste, and that we can anticipate the problems. XCEED will enable greater transparency and trust within the ecosystem, but it’s trust and confidence will be also given to our customers.